Repeatedly listening noises from your vehicle is never relaxing, so listening wiper sounds on your Honda Accord can be stressing. This warning sign may be an indication of a small trouble as well as a warning of a small service to come. In any case, it is imperative to locate the source and take the necessary measures to fix the trouble, it is with this in mind that we desired to compose this article content to support you see more clearly. We will first have a look at the plausible causes and solutions for dealing with noise from your wipers on your Honda Accord. Then, in a second step, we will give you some advice to prevent this type of noise from happening again.
Wiper blades that makes a squeaking or rubbing noise on Honda Accord
A wiper noise on your Honda Accord, whether it is a squeak noise or rather a rubbing noise on your windshield, is not relaxing and can distract your concentration while you are driving. It is essential to fix such a noise. In addition, a wiper blade noise is usually the indication of a future failure of the wipers, which once worn out will no longer evacuate water well and therefore put you at risk.
Reasons and solutions for wiper noise on your Honda Accord
- Examine the wear of your wiper blades. This is the most regular reason of noisy wiper blades. Either because of wear and tear and an almost non-existent rubber or because of the sun that will dry and crack your brushes. Think about swapping them in both circumstances.
- Dirty windshield, examine the level of your windshield washer fluid. One of the triggers of rubbing noise can be the cleanliness of your windshield. If it is too dirty, you may hear a wiper noise on your Honda Accord, it is up to you to clean it with your windshield washer fluid if sufficient, otherwise use sodium bicarbonate to clean it, it is very effective.
- Examine that your wiper blades are well positioned. Indeed, if you feel a kind of jerking of the blades when there is enough rain on your windshield for your wipers to work normally, it is likely that either your arm is a little twisted or the blade attachment is worn. You can examine these two points.
- Examine the tightness of the wiper arm system and that the friction between the windshield and the wipers is not too high. Indeed, when the tightening is too strong, the pressure exerted on the windshield is too strong and a wiper clicking sound on your Honda Accord arises.
Some universal tips to limit wiper blades noise on your Honda Accord
To finish , we will give you some suggestions and warnings to help you increase the life of your wipers and prevent unwanted noise they may provoke during their lifetime.
- Never use dishwashing liquid as windshield washer fluid. Indeed, the purpose of the dishwashing liquid is not to wash windows, in addition if you wanted to use it for this task, you would have to rinse abundantly because it triggers a strong foam not compatible with the simple wiping of the windshield wiper blades. You will therefore experience an increase in the noise of these.
- Do not wax your windshield, the film that the wax will generate may prevent you from seeing the road properly. Indeed, this oily film will make a veil and prevent you from draining water through your windshield wipers in a normal way.
- Do not use your wipers on a frozen windshield, their rubber parts would definitely be damaged by frost. Wait until you have defrosted this one.
- Since dirt is the main cause for the noise produced by your windshield wipers, we encourage you not to drive in puddles after storms or heavy rain. Indeed, the puddles will inevitably be full of dirt that will end up on your windshield and cause noise or deteriorate to your windshield wipers.