Regularly discovering noises from your vehicle is never relaxing, so discovering wiper sounds on your Toyota RAV4 can be worrying. This indicator may be a symptom of a insignificant problem as well as a warning of a insignificant repair to come. In any case, it is useful to locate the origin and take the necessary measures to resolve the problem, it is with this in mind that we decided to compose this article content to support you see more clearly. We will first have a look at the possible causes and solutions for dealing with noise from your wipers on your Toyota RAV4. Then, in a second step, we will give you some advice to prevent this type of noise from happening again.
Wiper blades that produces a squeaking or rubbing noise on Toyota RAV4
A wiper noise on your Toyota RAV4, whether it is a squeak noise or rather a rubbing noise on your windshield, is not relaxing and can distract your concentration while you are driving. It is necessary to eliminate such a sound. In addition, a wiper blade noise is commonly the sign of a future failure of the wipers, which once worn out will no longer evacuate water well and therefore put you at risk.
Reasons and solutions for wiper noise on your Toyota RAV4
- Examine the wear of your wiper blades. This is the most regular reason of noisy wiper blades. Either because of wear and tear and an almost non-existent rubber or because of the sun that will dry and crack your brushes. Reflect on changing them in both cases.
- Dirty windshield, examine the level of your windshield washer fluid. One of the triggers of rubbing noise can be the cleanliness of your windshield. If it is too dirty, you may perceive a wiper noise on your Toyota RAV4, it is up to you to clean it with your windshield washer fluid if sufficient, otherwise use sodium bicarbonate to clean it, it is very effective.
- Examine that your wiper blades are well positioned. Indeed, if you feel a kind of jerking of the blades when there is enough rain on your windshield for your wipers to work normally, it is likely that either your arm is a little twisted or the blade attachment is worn. You can examine these two points.
- Examine the tightness of the wiper arm mechanism and that the friction between the windshield and the wipers is not too high. Indeed, when the tightening is too strong, the pressure exerted on the windshield is too strong and a wiper clicking sound on your Toyota RAV4 happens.
Some general tips to limit wiper blades noise on your Toyota RAV4
To finish , we will give you some advice and warnings to help you expand the life of your wipers and prevent unwanted noise they may provoke during their lifetime.
- Never use dishwashing liquid as windshield washer fluid. Indeed, the purpose of the dishwashing liquid is not to wash windows, moreover if you wanted to use it for this task, you would have to rinse abundantly because it makes a strong foam not compatible with the simple wiping of the windshield wiper blades. You will therefore experience an increase in the noise of these.
- Do not wax your windshield, the film that the wax will generate may prevent you from seeing the road properly. Indeed, this oily film will develop a veil and prevent you from draining water through your windshield wipers in a normal way.
- Do not use your wipers on a frozen windshield, their rubber parts would definitely be damaged by frost. Wait until you have defrosted this one.
- Since dirt is the main explanation for the noise produced by your windshield wipers, we recommend you not to drive in puddles after storms or heavy rain. Indeed, the puddles will inevitably be full of dirt that will end up on your windshield and trigger noise or destroy to your windshield wipers.