Frequently discovering noises from your car is never pleasant, so discovering wiper sounds on your Fiat 500 can be troubling. This sign may be an indication of a minor trouble as well as a warning of a minor fix to come. Whatever the case, it is necessary to verify the source and take the necessary actions to correct the trouble, it is with this in mind that we decided to write this article to support you see more clearly. We will first have a look at the plausible reasons and solutions for dealing with noise from your wipers on your Fiat 500. Then, in a second step, we will give you some hints and tips to prevent this type of noise from going on again.
Wiper blades that produces a squeaking or rubbing noise on Fiat 500
A wiper noise on your Fiat 500, whether it is a squeak noise or rather a rubbing noise on your windshield, is not pleasant and can distract your attention while you are driving. It is necessary to stop such a sound. In addition, a wiper blade noise is in most cases the sign of a future malfunction of the wipers, which once worn out will no longer evacuate water well and therefore put you at risk.
Explanations and solutions for wiper noise on your Fiat 500
- Examine the wear of your wiper blades. This is the most basic reason of noisy wiper blades. Either because of wear and tear and an almost non-existent rubber or because of the sun that will dry and crack your brushes. Reflect on replacing them in both circumstances.
- Dirty windshield, examine the level of your windshield washer fluid. One of the triggers of rubbing noise can be the cleanliness of your windshield. If it is too dirty, you may hear a wiper noise on your Fiat 500, it is up to you to clean it with your windshield washer fluid if sufficient, otherwise use sodium bicarbonate to clean it, it is very practical.
- Examine that your wiper blades are well installed. Indeed, if you feel a kind of jerking of the blades when there is enough rain on your windshield for your wipers to work normally, it is likely that either your arm is a little twisted or the blade attachment is worn. You can examine these two points.
- Examine the tightness of the wiper arm device and that the friction between the windshield and the wipers is not too high. Indeed, when the tightening is too strong, the pressure exerted on the windshield is too strong and a wiper clicking sound on your Fiat 500 happens.
Some typical suggestions to limit wiper blades noise on your Fiat 500
To finish , we will give you some recommendations and warnings to help you extend the life of your wipers and avoid unwanted noise they may create during their lifetime.
- Never use dishwashing liquid as windshield washer fluid. Indeed, the purpose of the dishwashing liquid is not to wash windows, in addition if you wanted to use it for this objective, you would have to rinse abundantly because it causes a strong foam not compatible with the simple wiping of the windshield wiper blades. You will therefore encounter an increase in the noise of these.
- Do not wax your windshield, the film that the wax will create may prevent you from seeing the road properly. Indeed, this oily film will generate a veil and prevent you from draining water through your windshield wipers in a normal way.
- Do not use your wipers on a frozen windshield, their rubber parts would definitely be damaged by frost. Wait until you have defrosted this one.
- Since dirt is the main explanation for the noise created by your windshield wipers, we recommend you not to drive in puddles after storms or heavy rain. Indeed, the puddles will inevitably be full of dirt that will end up on your windshield and trigger noise or deteriorate to your windshield wipers.