Frequently discovering noises from your automobile is never relaxing, so discovering wiper sounds on your Audi A6 can be troubling. This indicator may be an indication of a slight issue as well as a warning of a slight service to come. No matter the reason, it is important to check the origin and take the necessary actions to fix the issue, it is with this in mind that we wanted to compose this article to help you see more clearly. We will first have a look at the conceivable reasons and solutions for dealing with noise from your wipers on your Audi A6. Then, in a second step, we will give you some advice to prevent this type of noise from going on again.
Wiper blades that produces a squeaking or rubbing noise on Audi A6
A wiper noise on your Audi A6, whether it is a squeak noise or rather a rubbing noise on your windshield, is not relaxing and can distract your attention while you are driving. It is important to eliminate such a noise. Moreover, a wiper blade noise is usually the indicator of a future failure of the wipers, which once worn out will no longer evacuate water well and therefore put you at risk.
Causes and solutions for wiper noise on your Audi A6
- Examine the wear of your wiper blades. This is the most regular origin of noisy wiper blades. Either because of wear and tear and an almost non-existent rubber or because of the sun that will dry and crack your brushes. Reflect on changing them in both cases.
- Dirty windshield, verify the level of your windshield washer fluid. One of the causes of rubbing noise can be the cleanliness of your windshield. If it is too dirty, you may listen to a wiper noise on your Audi A6, it is up to you to clean it with your windshield washer fluid if sufficient, otherwise use sodium bicarbonate to clean it, it is very effective.
- Examine that your wiper blades are well situated. In fact, if you feel a kind of jerking of the blades when there is enough rain on your windshield for your wipers to work normally, it is likely that either your arm is a little twisted or the blade attachment is worn. You can verify these two points.
- Examine the tightness of the wiper arm system and that the friction between the windshield and the wipers is not too high. In fact, when the tightening is too strong, the pressure exerted on the windshield is too strong and a wiper clicking sound on your Audi A6 happens.
Some universal recommendations to limit wiper blades noise on your Audi A6
Finally, we will give you some suggestions and warnings to help you expand the life of your wipers and avoid unwanted noise they may reason during their lifetime.
- Never use dishwashing liquid as windshield washer fluid. In fact, the purpose of the dishwashing liquid is not to wash windows, also if you wanted to use it for this task, you would have to rinse abundantly because it triggers a strong foam not compatible with the simple wiping of the windshield wiper blades. You will therefore encounter an increase in the noise of these.
- Do not wax your windshield, the film that the wax will create may prevent you from seeing the road properly. In fact, this oily film will build a veil and prevent you from draining water through your windshield wipers in a normal way.
- Do not use your wipers on a frozen windshield, their rubber parts would definitely be damaged by frost. Wait until you have defrosted this one.
- Since dirt is the main explanation for the noise made by your windshield wipers, we encourage you not to drive in puddles after storms or heavy rain. In fact, the puddles will inevitably be full of dirt that will end up on your windshield and cause noise or damage to your windshield wipers.