Frequently finding out noises from your vehicle is never relaxing, so finding out wiper sounds on your Chevrolet Silverado can be distressing. This manifestation may be a sign of a insignificant problem as well as a warning of a insignificant repair to come. Whatever the case, it is necessary to check the source and take the necessary measures to solve the problem, it is with this in mind that we desired to create this content page to support you see more clearly. We will first check out the conceivable reasons and solutions for dealing with noise from your wipers on your Chevrolet Silverado. Then, in a second step, we will give you some advice to prevent this type of noise from going on again.
Wiper blades that generates a squeaking or rubbing noise on Chevrolet Silverado
A wiper noise on your Chevrolet Silverado, whether it is a squeak noise or rather a rubbing noise on your windshield, is not relaxing and can distract your attention while you are driving. It is crucial to eliminate such a sound. Moreover, a wiper blade noise is generally the signal of a future malfunction of the wipers, which once worn out will no longer evacuate water well and therefore put you at risk.
Explanations and solutions for wiper noise on your Chevrolet Silverado
- Examine the wear of your wiper blades. This is the most general trigger of noisy wiper blades. Either because of wear and tear and an almost non-existent rubber or because of the sun that will dry and crack your brushes. Consider changing them in both situations.
- Dirty windshield, verify the level of your windshield washer fluid. One of the triggers of rubbing noise can be the cleanliness of your windshield. If it is too dirty, you may listen to a wiper noise on your Chevrolet Silverado, it is up to you to clean it with your windshield washer fluid if sufficient, otherwise use sodium bicarbonate to clean it, it is very practical.
- Examine that your wiper blades are well positioned. In fact, if you feel a kind of jerking of the blades when there is enough rain on your windshield for your wipers to work normally, it is likely that either your arm is a little twisted or the blade attachment is worn. You can verify these two points.
- Examine the tightness of the wiper arm mechanism and that the friction between the windshield and the wipers is not too high. In fact, when the tightening is too strong, the pressure exerted on the windshield is too strong and a wiper clicking sound on your Chevrolet Silverado happens.
Some general suggestions to limit wiper blades noise on your Chevrolet Silverado
To finish , we will give you some advice and warnings to help you extend the life of your wipers and prevent unwanted noise they may trigger during their lifetime.
- Never use dishwashing liquid as windshield washer fluid. In fact, the purpose of the dishwashing liquid is not to wash windows, furthermore if you wanted to use it for this reason, you would have to rinse abundantly because it causes a strong foam not compatible with the simple wiping of the windshield wiper blades. You will therefore encounter an increase in the noise of these.
- Do not wax your windshield, the film that the wax will build may prevent you from seeing the road properly. In fact, this oily film will build a veil and prevent you from draining water through your windshield wipers in a normal way.
- Do not use your wipers on a frozen windshield, their rubber parts would definitely be damaged by frost. Wait until you have defrosted this one.
- Since dirt is the main cause for the noise produced by your windshield wipers, we encourage you not to drive in puddles after storms or heavy rain. In fact, the puddles will inevitably be full of dirt that will end up on your windshield and trigger noise or deteriorate to your windshield wipers.