Regularly listening noises from your vehicle is never pleasurable, so listening wiper sounds on your Audi A4 can be disturbing. This manifestation may be an indication of a minor issue as well as a warning of a minor fix to come. In any case, it is necessary to locate the source and take the necessary measures to correct the issue, it is with this in mind that we wanted to compose this article content to help you see more clearly. We will first have a look at the possible causes and solutions for dealing with noise from your wipers on your Audi A4. Then, in a second step, we will give you some hints and tips to prevent this type of noise from occurring again.
Wiper blades that causes a squeaking or rubbing noise on Audi A4
A wiper noise on your Audi A4, whether it is a squeak noise or rather a rubbing noise on your windshield, is not pleasurable and can distract your attention while you are driving. It is fundamental to fix such a noise. Moreover, a wiper blade noise is usually the indicator of a future failure of the wipers, which once worn out will no longer evacuate water well and therefore put you at risk.
Explanations and solutions for wiper noise on your Audi A4
- Verify the wear of your wiper blades. This is the most common reason of noisy wiper blades. Either because of wear and tear and an almost non-existent rubber or because of the sun that will dry and crack your brushes. Think about swapping them in both cases.
- Dirty windshield, check the level of your windshield washer fluid. One of the causes of rubbing noise can be the cleanliness of your windshield. If it is too dirty, you may listen a wiper noise on your Audi A4, it is up to you to clean it with your windshield washer fluid if sufficient, otherwise use sodium bicarbonate to clean it, it is very practical.
- Verify that your wiper blades are well installed. In fact, if you feel a kind of jerking of the blades when there is enough rain on your windshield for your wipers to work normally, it is likely that either your arm is a little twisted or the blade attachment is worn. You can check these two points.
- Verify the tightness of the wiper arm mechanism and that the friction between the windshield and the wipers is not too high. In fact, when the tightening is too strong, the pressure exerted on the windshield is too strong and a wiper clicking sound on your Audi A4 appears.
Some typical suggestions to limit wiper blades noise on your Audi A4
To finish , we will give you some suggestions and warnings to help you increase the life of your wipers and avoid unwanted noise they may provoke during their lifetime.
- Never use dishwashing liquid as windshield washer fluid. In fact, the purpose of the dishwashing liquid is not to wash windows, in addition if you wanted to use it for this function, you would have to rinse abundantly because it causes a strong foam not compatible with the simple wiping of the windshield wiper blades. You will therefore encounter an increase in the noise of these.
- Do not wax your windshield, the film that the wax will generate may prevent you from seeing the road properly. In fact, this oily film will generate a veil and prevent you from draining water through your windshield wipers in a normal way.
- Do not use your wipers on a frozen windshield, their rubber parts would definitely be damaged by frost. Wait until you have defrosted this one.
- Since dirt is the main reason for the noise made by your windshield wipers, we encourage you not to drive in puddles after storms or heavy rain. In fact, the puddles will inevitably be full of dirt that will end up on your windshield and cause noise or damage to your windshield wipers.