If you too already have experienced a squeaky noise on Audi A4, you must have had the same questions as all Audi A4 owners. We are rarely reassured when a squeaky noise happens on our automobile. As we are aware of your doubts and questions, we decided to compose this article in order to support you in your research and simplify the search for a solution to your issue. To do this, first we will see what the origins of a squeaking noise on Audi A4 are when you turn the wheel, then those of a squeaking noise when you brake, if you have a squeaking noise on Audi A4 that comes from the shock absorbers and to finish from one of your doors.
I hear a squeaking noise on Audi A4 when I turn the wheel
First, we will have a look at the squeaking noises on Audi A4 that appear when you turn the wheel of your vehicle. Here are the main origins:
- If you are facing squeaking noises on your Audi A4 while turning , it may be related to your vehicle’s hydraulic system that runs the complete power steering system . In this case, the main point to check is the level of power steering fluid, which if below the normal level could be a sign of a system leak. In this case, remember to redo the level and check it on a regular basis. In case the problem persists, go to the mechanic.
- A squeaking noise while turning the steering wheel of your Audi A4 can also result from premature wear and tear on your bearings . Indeed, bearings play an essential role in the good behaviour of the auto when driving. When you turn at low speed and bring the steering to a stop, the pressure on the bearings is higher than at top speed, it can cause squeaking sounds if they are worn. Remember to check their condition.
- Finally, a sound during the steering of your Audi A4 may be related to a tired power steering pump . The purpose of this product is to operate the steering belt, which will allow you to take advantage of the power steering. If the pump is tired, its operation will be weakened and squeaks may show up between it and the belt . Remember to check that it is working properly. If this squeaky noise doesn’t result from those points, don’t hesitate to read our article about all the origins of a squeaky noise on Audi A4 while turning.
I hear a squeaking noise on Audi A4 when braking
If you notice a squeaking noise from the brakes of your Audi A4, it is extremely plausible that it is linked to brake pads at the end of their life, indeed, the purpose of the pads is to act as a buffer during braking and they will therefore be damaged over time. Every manufacturer gives an average life time in kilometres for pads but depending on your driving style and route this can differ. Remove the wheels concerned and check the wear indicator on them. If they are dead you will have to replace them promptly because they will quickly damage your discs. If, despite verification, your squeaking noise on Audi A4 does come from your brakes but is not related to the pads, check this article to find the other possible origins of noise from breaks of Audi A4.
I hear a squeaking noise on Audi A4 at the shock absorbers
If you are in the situation where you identify the squeaking noise on Audi A4
- You are subject to an oil leak at a shock absorber, it is up to you to check that there is no oil leaking from your shock absorbers.
- You may encounter unnatural wear and tear on one of the seals. This would end result in an oil leak
with each compression.
Once you have tested all these points, you should have found the source of your issue, go to your auto mechanic to fix the defective part. If you have not located the source of your issue, we advise that you take a look at this article which covers all possible origins of all possible origins of shock absorber noise on Audi A4.
I hear a squeaking noise on Audi A4 at a door
It’s possible, based on the style of sound you come across, that the hinge of your door may be at the origin of these. If this is the case, you will have to control it by opening your door and listening although the squeaking noise on your Audi A4 comes from a hinge that is too dry. To resolve the problem, first try to grease the hinge. Quite often this process is enough to resolve your issue. If that’s not enough, don’t hesitate to take a look at this complete article on door noises on Audi A4.