Repeatedly experiencing noises from your car is never pleasant, so experiencing wiper sounds on your Lexus RX can be distressing. This sign may be an indicator of a moderate problem as well as a warning of a moderate repair to come. Whatever the case, it is necessary to examine the origin and take the necessary actions to solve the problem, it is with this in mind that we decided to compose this content to help you see more clearly. We will first have a look at the plausible causes and solutions for dealing with noise from your wipers on your Lexus RX. Then, in a second step, we will give you some hints and tips to prevent this type of noise from happening again.
Wiper blades that causes a squeaking or rubbing noise on Lexus RX
A wiper noise on your Lexus RX, whether it is a squeak noise or rather a rubbing noise on your windshield, is not pleasant and can distract your concentration while you are driving. It is fundamental to eliminate such a sound. Moreover, a wiper blade noise is in most cases the sign of a future malfunction of the wipers, which once worn out will no longer evacuate water well and therefore put you at risk.
Explanations and solutions for wiper noise on your Lexus RX
- Examine the wear of your wiper blades. This is the most general trigger of noisy wiper blades. Either because of wear and tear and an almost non-existent rubber or because of the sun that will dry and crack your brushes. Consider swapping them in both cases.
- Dirty windshield, verify the level of your windshield washer fluid. One of the triggers of rubbing noise can be the cleanliness of your windshield. If it is too dirty, you may acknowledge a wiper noise on your Lexus RX, it is up to you to clean it with your windshield washer fluid if sufficient, otherwise use sodium bicarbonate to clean it, it is very effective.
- Examine that your wiper blades are well situated. In fact, if you feel a kind of jerking of the blades when there is enough rain on your windshield for your wipers to work normally, it is likely that either your arm is a little twisted or the blade attachment is worn. You can verify these two points.
- Examine the tightness of the wiper arm system and that the friction between the windshield and the wipers is not too high. In fact, when the tightening is too strong, the pressure exerted on the windshield is too strong and a wiper clicking sound on your Lexus RX comes out.
Some basic recommendations to limit wiper blades noise on your Lexus RX
To finish , we will give you some advice and warnings to help you increase the life of your wipers and prevent unwanted noise they may create during their lifetime.
- Never use dishwashing liquid as windshield washer fluid. In fact, the purpose of the dishwashing liquid is not to wash windows, also if you wanted to use it for this goal, you would have to rinse abundantly because it creates a strong foam not compatible with the simple wiping of the windshield wiper blades. You will therefore encounter an increase in the noise of these.
- Do not wax your windshield, the film that the wax will develop may prevent you from seeing the road properly. In fact, this oily film will create a veil and prevent you from draining water through your windshield wipers in a normal way.
- Do not use your wipers on a frozen windshield, their rubber parts would definitely be damaged by frost. Wait until you have defrosted this one.
- Since dirt is the main cause for the noise generated by your windshield wipers, we suggest you not to drive in puddles after storms or heavy rain. In fact, the puddles will inevitably be full of dirt that will end up on your windshield and trigger noise or damage to your windshield wipers.