Frequently hearing noises from your vehicle is never relaxing, so hearing wiper sounds on your Mercedes A class can be distressing. This symptom may be an indication of a insignificant problem as well as a warning of a insignificant fix to come. No matter the reason, it is imperative to find the source and take the necessary measures to fix the problem, it is with this in mind that we desired to prepare this article content to help you see more clearly. We will first look into the possible reasons and solutions for dealing with noise from your wipers on your Mercedes A class. Then, in a second step, we will give you some advice to prevent this type of noise from happening again.
Wiper blades that causes a squeaking or rubbing noise on Mercedes A class
A wiper noise on your Mercedes A class, whether it is a squeak noise or rather a rubbing noise on your windshield, is not relaxing and can distract your attention while you are driving. It is necessary to stop such a noise. Also, a wiper blade noise is usually the signal of a future malfunction of the wipers, which once worn out will no longer evacuate water well and therefore put you at risk.
Reasons and solutions for wiper noise on your Mercedes A class
- Examine the wear of your wiper blades. This is the most regular reason of noisy wiper blades. Either because of wear and tear and an almost non-existent rubber or because of the sun that will dry and crack your brushes. Think about swapping them in both situations.
- Dirty windshield, examine the level of your windshield washer fluid. One of the causes of rubbing noise can be the cleanliness of your windshield. If it is too dirty, you may hear a wiper noise on your Mercedes A class, it is up to you to clean it with your windshield washer fluid if sufficient, otherwise use sodium bicarbonate to clean it, it is very effective.
- Examine that your wiper blades are well installed. In fact, if you feel a kind of jerking of the blades when there is enough rain on your windshield for your wipers to work normally, it is likely that either your arm is a little twisted or the blade attachment is worn. You can examine these two points.
- Examine the tightness of the wiper arm system and that the friction between the windshield and the wipers is not too high. In fact, when the tightening is too strong, the pressure exerted on the windshield is too strong and a wiper clicking sound on your Mercedes A class shows up.
Some basic recommendations to limit wiper blades noise on your Mercedes A class
To finish , we will give you some advice and warnings to help you expand the life of your wipers and avoid unwanted noise they may cause during their lifetime.
- Never use dishwashing liquid as windshield washer fluid. In fact, the purpose of the dishwashing liquid is not to wash windows, furthermore if you wanted to use it for this task, you would have to rinse abundantly because it makes a strong foam not compatible with the simple wiping of the windshield wiper blades. You will therefore encounter an increase in the noise of these.
- Do not wax your windshield, the film that the wax will build may prevent you from seeing the road properly. In fact, this oily film will create a veil and prevent you from draining water through your windshield wipers in a normal way.
- Do not use your wipers on a frozen windshield, their rubber parts would definitely be damaged by frost. Wait until you have defrosted this one.
- Since dirt is the main reason for the noise generated by your windshield wipers, we suggest you not to drive in puddles after storms or heavy rain. In fact, the puddles will inevitably be full of dirt that will end up on your windshield and trigger noise or damage to your windshield wipers.