Regularly finding out noises from your automobile is never pleasurable, so finding out wiper sounds on your Audi A3 can be stressing. This indication may be an indication of a insignificant problem as well as a warning of a insignificant repair to come. In any case, it is imperative to verify the origin and take the necessary measures to solve the problem, it is with this in mind that we wanted to compose this content page to help you see more clearly. We will first look at the possible reasons and solutions for dealing with noise from your wipers on your Audi A3. Then, in a second step, we will give you some suggestions to prevent this type of noise from occurring again.
Wiper blades that makes a squeaking or rubbing noise on Audi A3
A wiper noise on your Audi A3, whether it is a squeak noise or rather a rubbing noise on your windshield, is not pleasurable and can distract your concentration while you are driving. It is fundamental to fix such a noise. In addition, a wiper blade noise is in most cases the sign of a future malfunction of the wipers, which once worn out will no longer evacuate water well and therefore put you at risk.
Explanations and solutions for wiper noise on your Audi A3
- Examine the wear of your wiper blades. This is the most basic cause of noisy wiper blades. Either because of wear and tear and an almost non-existent rubber or because of the sun that will dry and crack your brushes. Reflect on replacing them in both circumstances.
- Dirty windshield, verify the level of your windshield washer fluid. One of the causes of rubbing noise can be the cleanliness of your windshield. If it is too dirty, you may notice a wiper noise on your Audi A3, it is up to you to clean it with your windshield washer fluid if sufficient, otherwise use sodium bicarbonate to clean it, it is very effective.
- Examine that your wiper blades are well positioned. Indeed, if you feel a kind of jerking of the blades when there is enough rain on your windshield for your wipers to work normally, it is likely that either your arm is a little twisted or the blade attachment is worn. You can verify these two points.
- Examine the tightness of the wiper arm device and that the friction between the windshield and the wipers is not too high. Indeed, when the tightening is too strong, the pressure exerted on the windshield is too strong and a wiper clicking sound on your Audi A3 appears.
Some general suggestions to limit wiper blades noise on your Audi A3
Finally, we will give you some advice and warnings to help you increase the life of your wipers and prevent unwanted noise they may cause during their lifetime.
- Never use dishwashing liquid as windshield washer fluid. Indeed, the purpose of the dishwashing liquid is not to wash windows, additionally if you wanted to use it for this objective, you would have to rinse abundantly because it makes a strong foam not compatible with the simple wiping of the windshield wiper blades. You will therefore experience an increase in the noise of these.
- Do not wax your windshield, the film that the wax will create may prevent you from seeing the road properly. Indeed, this oily film will generate a veil and prevent you from draining water through your windshield wipers in a normal way.
- Do not use your wipers on a frozen windshield, their rubber parts would definitely be damaged by frost. Wait until you have defrosted this one.
- Since dirt is the main cause for the noise produced by your windshield wipers, we suggest you not to drive in puddles after storms or heavy rain. Indeed, the puddles will inevitably be full of dirt that will end up on your windshield and cause noise or destroy to your windshield wipers.