Frequently discovering noises from your vehicle is never enjoyable, so discovering wiper sounds on your Volvo V60 can be distressing. This manifestation may be an indication of a small issue as well as a warning of a small repair to come. Whatever the case, it is necessary to find the origin and take the necessary measures to fix the issue, it is with this in mind that we desired to write this content page to help you see more clearly. We will first look at the plausible reasons and solutions for dealing with noise from your wipers on your Volvo V60. Then, in a second step, we will give you some hints and tips to prevent this type of noise from happening again.
Wiper blades that makes a squeaking or rubbing noise on Volvo V60
A wiper noise on your Volvo V60, whether it is a squeak noise or rather a rubbing noise on your windshield, is not enjoyable and can distract your attention while you are driving. It is imperative to fix such a sound. Moreover, a wiper blade noise is generally the signal of a future malfunction of the wipers, which once worn out will no longer evacuate water well and therefore put you at risk.
Reasons and solutions for wiper noise on your Volvo V60
- Check the wear of your wiper blades. This is the most common cause of noisy wiper blades. Either because of wear and tear and an almost non-existent rubber or because of the sun that will dry and crack your brushes. Consider changing them in both cases.
- Dirty windshield, verify the level of your windshield washer fluid. One of the causes of rubbing noise can be the cleanliness of your windshield. If it is too dirty, you may perceive a wiper noise on your Volvo V60, it is up to you to clean it with your windshield washer fluid if sufficient, otherwise use sodium bicarbonate to clean it, it is very effective.
- Check that your wiper blades are well placed. Indeed, if you feel a kind of jerking of the blades when there is enough rain on your windshield for your wipers to work normally, it is likely that either your arm is a little twisted or the blade attachment is worn. You can verify these two points.
- Check the tightness of the wiper arm device and that the friction between the windshield and the wipers is not too high. Indeed, when the tightening is too strong, the pressure exerted on the windshield is too strong and a wiper clicking sound on your Volvo V60 shows up.
Some universal recommendations to limit wiper blades noise on your Volvo V60
To finish , we will give you some advice and warnings to help you expand the life of your wipers and prevent unwanted noise they may trigger during their lifetime.
- Never use dishwashing liquid as windshield washer fluid. Indeed, the purpose of the dishwashing liquid is not to wash windows, in addition if you wanted to use it for this function, you would have to rinse abundantly because it causes a strong foam not compatible with the simple wiping of the windshield wiper blades. You will therefore experience an increase in the noise of these.
- Do not wax your windshield, the film that the wax will develop may prevent you from seeing the road properly. Indeed, this oily film will create a veil and prevent you from draining water through your windshield wipers in a normal way.
- Do not use your wipers on a frozen windshield, their rubber parts would definitely be damaged by frost. Wait until you have defrosted this one.
- Since dirt is the main cause for the noise produced by your windshield wipers, we suggest you not to drive in puddles after storms or heavy rain. Indeed, the puddles will inevitably be full of dirt that will end up on your windshield and cause noise or damage to your windshield wipers.