Frequently listening noises from your car is never relaxing, so listening wiper sounds on your Vauxhall Corsa can be worrying. This sign may be an indicator of a minor issue as well as a warning of a minor service to come. Whatever the case, it is imperative to locate the origin and take the necessary actions to fix the issue, it is with this in mind that we desired to compose this content page to help you see more clearly. We will first look into the conceivable reasons and solutions for dealing with noise from your wipers on your Vauxhall Corsa. Then, in a second step, we will give you some hints and tips to prevent this type of noise from going on again.
Wiper blades that produces a squeaking or rubbing noise on Vauxhall Corsa
A wiper noise on your Vauxhall Corsa, whether it is a squeak noise or rather a rubbing noise on your windshield, is not relaxing and can distract your focus while you are driving. It is fundamental to fix such a sound. Also, a wiper blade noise is usually the sign of a future failure of the wipers, which once worn out will no longer evacuate water well and therefore put you at risk.
Causes and solutions for wiper noise on your Vauxhall Corsa
- Verify the wear of your wiper blades. This is the most regular cause of noisy wiper blades. Either because of wear and tear and an almost non-existent rubber or because of the sun that will dry and crack your brushes. Reflect on replacing them in both cases.
- Dirty windshield, examine the level of your windshield washer fluid. One of the triggers of rubbing noise can be the cleanliness of your windshield. If it is too dirty, you may get a wiper noise on your Vauxhall Corsa, it is up to you to clean it with your windshield washer fluid if suitable, otherwise use sodium bicarbonate to clean it, it is very practical.
- Verify that your wiper blades are well situated. Indeed, if you feel a kind of jerking of the blades when there is enough rain on your windshield for your wipers to work normally, it is likely that either your arm is a little twisted or the blade attachment is worn. You can examine these two points.
- Verify the tightness of the wiper arm device and that the friction between the windshield and the wipers is not too high. Indeed, when the tightening is too strong, the pressure exerted on the windshield is too strong and a wiper clicking sound on your Vauxhall Corsa shows up.
Some general tips to limit wiper blades noise on your Vauxhall Corsa
Finally, we will give you some advice and warnings to help you expand the life of your wipers and avoid unwanted noise they may trigger during their lifetime.
- Never use dishwashing liquid as windshield washer fluid. Indeed, the purpose of the dishwashing liquid is not to wash windows, additionally if you wanted to use it for this function, you would have to rinse abundantly because it triggers a strong foam not compatible with the simple wiping of the windshield wiper blades. You will therefore encounter an increase in the noise of these.
- Do not wax your windshield, the film that the wax will build may prevent you from seeing the road properly. Indeed, this oily film will build a veil and prevent you from draining water through your windshield wipers in a normal way.
- Do not use your wipers on a frozen windshield, their rubber parts would definitely be damaged by frost. Wait until you have defrosted this one.
- Since dirt is the main reason for the noise generated by your windshield wipers, we advise you not to drive in puddles after storms or heavy rain. Indeed, the puddles will inevitably be full of dirt that will end up on your windshield and trigger noise or destroy to your windshield wipers.