Repeatedly discovering noises from your car is never pleasurable, so discovering wiper sounds on your Nissan Armada can be stressing. This symptom may be an indication of a slight problem as well as a warning of a slight fix to come. Whatever the case, it is necessary to find the source and take the necessary actions to solve the problem, it is with this in mind that we wanted to write this content page to help you see more clearly. We will first look into the conceivable causes and solutions for dealing with noise from your wipers on your Nissan Armada. Then, in a second step, we will give you some advice to prevent this type of noise from happening again.
Wiper blades that generates a squeaking or rubbing noise on Nissan Armada
A wiper noise on your Nissan Armada, whether it is a squeak noise or rather a rubbing noise on your windshield, is not pleasurable and can distract your concentration while you are driving. It is fundamental to stop such a sound. Also, a wiper blade noise is commonly the sign of a future failure of the wipers, which once worn out will no longer evacuate water well and therefore put you at risk.
Explanations and solutions for wiper noise on your Nissan Armada
- Check the wear of your wiper blades. This is the most basic origin of noisy wiper blades. Either because of wear and tear and an almost non-existent rubber or because of the sun that will dry and crack your brushes. Think about changing them in both cases.
- Dirty windshield, verify the level of your windshield washer fluid. One of the causes of rubbing noise can be the cleanliness of your windshield. If it is too dirty, you may listen a wiper noise on your Nissan Armada, it is up to you to clean it with your windshield washer fluid if suitable, otherwise use sodium bicarbonate to clean it, it is very effective.
- Check that your wiper blades are well installed. In fact, if you feel a kind of jerking of the blades when there is enough rain on your windshield for your wipers to work normally, it is likely that either your arm is a little twisted or the blade attachment is worn. You can verify these two points.
- Check the tightness of the wiper arm device and that the friction between the windshield and the wipers is not too high. In fact, when the tightening is too strong, the pressure exerted on the windshield is too strong and a wiper clicking sound on your Nissan Armada shows up.
Some universal tips to limit wiper blades noise on your Nissan Armada
To finish , we will give you some recommendations and warnings to help you increase the life of your wipers and prevent unwanted noise they may cause during their lifetime.
- Never use dishwashing liquid as windshield washer fluid. In fact, the purpose of the dishwashing liquid is not to wash windows, furthermore if you wanted to use it for this reason, you would have to rinse abundantly because it triggers a strong foam not compatible with the simple wiping of the windshield wiper blades. You will therefore experience an increase in the noise of these.
- Do not wax your windshield, the film that the wax will create may prevent you from seeing the road properly. In fact, this oily film will create a veil and prevent you from draining water through your windshield wipers in a normal way.
- Do not use your wipers on a frozen windshield, their rubber parts would definitely be damaged by frost. Wait until you have defrosted this one.
- Since dirt is the main reason for the noise produced by your windshield wipers, we recommend you not to drive in puddles after storms or heavy rain. In fact, the puddles will inevitably be full of dirt that will end up on your windshield and cause noise or damage to your windshield wipers.