Frequently finding out noises from your vehicle is never pleasant, so finding out wiper sounds on your Nissan Altima can be worrying. This symptom may be a sign of a insignificant trouble as well as a warning of a insignificant service to come. Whatever the case, it is useful to find the origin and take the necessary measures to correct the trouble, it is with this in mind that we decided to prepare this article to help you see more clearly. We will first have a look at the possible causes and solutions for dealing with noise from your wipers on your Nissan Altima. Then, in a second step, we will give you some recommendations to prevent this type of noise from happening again.
Wiper blades that makes a squeaking or rubbing noise on Nissan Altima
A wiper noise on your Nissan Altima, whether it is a squeak noise or rather a rubbing noise on your windshield, is not pleasant and can distract your focus while you are driving. It is important to fix such a sound. Moreover, a wiper blade noise is usually the indication of a future malfunction of the wipers, which once worn out will no longer evacuate water well and therefore put you at risk.
Causes and solutions for wiper noise on your Nissan Altima
- Verify the wear of your wiper blades. This is the most general origin of noisy wiper blades. Either because of wear and tear and an almost non-existent rubber or because of the sun that will dry and crack your brushes. Think about changing them in both situations.
- Dirty windshield, examine the level of your windshield washer fluid. One of the causes of rubbing noise can be the cleanliness of your windshield. If it is too dirty, you may get a wiper noise on your Nissan Altima, it is up to you to clean it with your windshield washer fluid if appropriate, otherwise use sodium bicarbonate to clean it, it is very effective.
- Verify that your wiper blades are well positioned. Indeed, if you feel a kind of jerking of the blades when there is enough rain on your windshield for your wipers to work normally, it is likely that either your arm is a little twisted or the blade attachment is worn. You can examine these two points.
- Verify the tightness of the wiper arm device and that the friction between the windshield and the wipers is not too high. Indeed, when the tightening is too strong, the pressure exerted on the windshield is too strong and a wiper clicking sound on your Nissan Altima arises.
Some universal suggestions to limit wiper blades noise on your Nissan Altima
Finally, we will give you some advice and warnings to help you extend the life of your wipers and avoid unwanted noise they may cause during their lifetime.
- Never use dishwashing liquid as windshield washer fluid. Indeed, the purpose of the dishwashing liquid is not to wash windows, furthermore if you wanted to use it for this goal, you would have to rinse abundantly because it makes a strong foam not compatible with the simple wiping of the windshield wiper blades. You will therefore encounter an increase in the noise of these.
- Do not wax your windshield, the film that the wax will build may prevent you from seeing the road properly. Indeed, this oily film will develop a veil and prevent you from draining water through your windshield wipers in a normal way.
- Do not use your wipers on a frozen windshield, their rubber parts would definitely be damaged by frost. Wait until you have defrosted this one.
- Since dirt is the main cause for the noise created by your windshield wipers, we suggest you not to drive in puddles after storms or heavy rain. Indeed, the puddles will inevitably be full of dirt that will end up on your windshield and cause noise or destroy to your windshield wipers.