Regularly experiencing noises from your automobile is never enjoyable, so experiencing wiper sounds on your Mazda MX 5 Miata can be worrying. This manifestation may be an indicator of a moderate trouble as well as a warning of a moderate repair to come. No matter the reason, it is necessary to locate the source and take the necessary measures to correct the trouble, it is with this in mind that we wanted to produce this article to help you see more clearly. We will first check out the possible causes and solutions for dealing with noise from your wipers on your Mazda MX 5 Miata. Then, in a second step, we will give you some advice to prevent this type of noise from going on again.
Wiper blades that causes a squeaking or rubbing noise on Mazda MX 5 Miata
A wiper noise on your Mazda MX 5 Miata, whether it is a squeak noise or rather a rubbing noise on your windshield, is not enjoyable and can distract your attention while you are driving. It is crucial to eliminate such a noise. Also, a wiper blade noise is generally the indicator of a future failure of the wipers, which once worn out will no longer evacuate water well and therefore put you at risk.
Reasons and solutions for wiper noise on your Mazda MX 5 Miata
- Check the wear of your wiper blades. This is the most regular trigger of noisy wiper blades. Either because of wear and tear and an almost non-existent rubber or because of the sun that will dry and crack your brushes. Consider changing them in both cases.
- Dirty windshield, check the level of your windshield washer fluid. One of the causes of rubbing noise can be the cleanliness of your windshield. If it is too dirty, you may listen to a wiper noise on your Mazda MX 5 Miata, it is up to you to clean it with your windshield washer fluid if appropriate, otherwise use sodium bicarbonate to clean it, it is very effective.
- Check that your wiper blades are well placed. In fact, if you feel a kind of jerking of the blades when there is enough rain on your windshield for your wipers to work normally, it is likely that either your arm is a little twisted or the blade attachment is worn. You can check these two points.
- Check the tightness of the wiper arm mechanism and that the friction between the windshield and the wipers is not too high. In fact, when the tightening is too strong, the pressure exerted on the windshield is too strong and a wiper clicking sound on your Mazda MX 5 Miata happens.
Some general recommendations to limit wiper blades noise on your Mazda MX 5 Miata
To finish , we will give you some advice and warnings to help you expand the life of your wipers and prevent unwanted noise they may cause during their lifetime.
- Never use dishwashing liquid as windshield washer fluid. In fact, the purpose of the dishwashing liquid is not to wash windows, in addition if you wanted to use it for this reason, you would have to rinse abundantly because it triggers a strong foam not compatible with the simple wiping of the windshield wiper blades. You will therefore experience an increase in the noise of these.
- Do not wax your windshield, the film that the wax will develop may prevent you from seeing the road properly. In fact, this oily film will make a veil and prevent you from draining water through your windshield wipers in a normal way.
- Do not use your wipers on a frozen windshield, their rubber parts would definitely be damaged by frost. Wait until you have defrosted this one.
- Since dirt is the main explanation for the noise made by your windshield wipers, we recommend you not to drive in puddles after storms or heavy rain. In fact, the puddles will inevitably be full of dirt that will end up on your windshield and cause noise or destroy to your windshield wipers.