Frequently listening noises from your vehicle is never relaxing, so listening wiper sounds on your Ford Fusion can be disturbing. This warning sign may be an indicator of a slight trouble as well as a warning of a slight fix to come. Whatever the case, it is important to find the origin and take the necessary actions to resolve the trouble, it is with this in mind that we wanted to compose this content page to help you see more clearly. We will first check out the plausible causes and solutions for dealing with noise from your wipers on your Ford Fusion. Then, in a second step, we will give you some suggestions to prevent this type of noise from happening again.
Wiper blades that generates a squeaking or rubbing noise on Ford Fusion
A wiper noise on your Ford Fusion, whether it is a squeak noise or rather a rubbing noise on your windshield, is not relaxing and can distract your focus while you are driving. It is necessary to fix such a noise. Also, a wiper blade noise is mostly the sign of a future malfunction of the wipers, which once worn out will no longer evacuate water well and therefore put you at risk.
Explanations and solutions for wiper noise on your Ford Fusion
- Check the wear of your wiper blades. This is the most general origin of noisy wiper blades. Either because of wear and tear and an almost non-existent rubber or because of the sun that will dry and crack your brushes. Consider replacing them in both situations.
- Dirty windshield, check the level of your windshield washer fluid. One of the causes of rubbing noise can be the cleanliness of your windshield. If it is too dirty, you may perceive a wiper noise on your Ford Fusion, it is up to you to clean it with your windshield washer fluid if appropriate, otherwise use sodium bicarbonate to clean it, it is very practical.
- Check that your wiper blades are well installed. In fact, if you feel a kind of jerking of the blades when there is enough rain on your windshield for your wipers to work normally, it is likely that either your arm is a little twisted or the blade attachment is worn. You can check these two points.
- Check the tightness of the wiper arm system and that the friction between the windshield and the wipers is not too high. In fact, when the tightening is too strong, the pressure exerted on the windshield is too strong and a wiper clicking sound on your Ford Fusion arises.
Some typical recommendations to limit wiper blades noise on your Ford Fusion
To finish , we will give you some suggestions and warnings to help you increase the life of your wipers and avoid unwanted noise they may provoke during their lifetime.
- Never use dishwashing liquid as windshield washer fluid. In fact, the purpose of the dishwashing liquid is not to wash windows, also if you wanted to use it for this task, you would have to rinse abundantly because it creates a strong foam not compatible with the simple wiping of the windshield wiper blades. You will therefore encounter an increase in the noise of these.
- Do not wax your windshield, the film that the wax will build may prevent you from seeing the road properly. In fact, this oily film will develop a veil and prevent you from draining water through your windshield wipers in a normal way.
- Do not use your wipers on a frozen windshield, their rubber parts would definitely be damaged by frost. Wait until you have defrosted this one.
- Since dirt is the main cause for the noise produced by your windshield wipers, we encourage you not to drive in puddles after storms or heavy rain. In fact, the puddles will inevitably be full of dirt that will end up on your windshield and cause noise or deteriorate to your windshield wipers.