Constantly experiencing noises from your automobile is never enjoyable, so experiencing wiper sounds on your Chevrolet Cruze can be distressing. This warning sign may be a sign of a small problem as well as a warning of a small fix to come. In any case, it is important to find the source and take the necessary actions to solve the problem, it is with this in mind that we wanted to prepare this content page to support you see more clearly. We will first take a look at the possible reasons and solutions for dealing with noise from your wipers on your Chevrolet Cruze. Then, in a second step, we will give you some recommendations to prevent this type of noise from occurring again.
Wiper blades that causes a squeaking or rubbing noise on Chevrolet Cruze
A wiper noise on your Chevrolet Cruze, whether it is a squeak noise or rather a rubbing noise on your windshield, is not enjoyable and can distract your attention while you are driving. It is crucial to eliminate such a noise. In addition, a wiper blade noise is commonly the signal of a future failure of the wipers, which once worn out will no longer evacuate water well and therefore put you at risk.
Causes and solutions for wiper noise on your Chevrolet Cruze
- Verify the wear of your wiper blades. This is the most basic reason of noisy wiper blades. Either because of wear and tear and an almost non-existent rubber or because of the sun that will dry and crack your brushes. Think about swapping them in both circumstances.
- Dirty windshield, check the level of your windshield washer fluid. One of the triggers of rubbing noise can be the cleanliness of your windshield. If it is too dirty, you may notice a wiper noise on your Chevrolet Cruze, it is up to you to clean it with your windshield washer fluid if sufficient, otherwise use sodium bicarbonate to clean it, it is very effective.
- Verify that your wiper blades are well positioned. In fact, if you feel a kind of jerking of the blades when there is enough rain on your windshield for your wipers to work normally, it is likely that either your arm is a little twisted or the blade attachment is worn. You can check these two points.
- Verify the tightness of the wiper arm mechanism and that the friction between the windshield and the wipers is not too high. In fact, when the tightening is too strong, the pressure exerted on the windshield is too strong and a wiper clicking sound on your Chevrolet Cruze arises.
Some universal suggestions to limit wiper blades noise on your Chevrolet Cruze
Finally, we will give you some advice and warnings to help you extend the life of your wipers and avoid unwanted noise they may reason during their lifetime.
- Never use dishwashing liquid as windshield washer fluid. In fact, the purpose of the dishwashing liquid is not to wash windows, furthermore if you wanted to use it for this goal, you would have to rinse abundantly because it creates a strong foam not compatible with the simple wiping of the windshield wiper blades. You will therefore encounter an increase in the noise of these.
- Do not wax your windshield, the film that the wax will generate may prevent you from seeing the road properly. In fact, this oily film will develop a veil and prevent you from draining water through your windshield wipers in a normal way.
- Do not use your wipers on a frozen windshield, their rubber parts would definitely be damaged by frost. Wait until you have defrosted this one.
- Since dirt is the main reason for the noise produced by your windshield wipers, we suggest you not to drive in puddles after storms or heavy rain. In fact, the puddles will inevitably be full of dirt that will end up on your windshield and cause noise or damage to your windshield wipers.