Frequently discovering noises from your automobile is never enjoyable, so discovering wiper sounds on your Chevrolet Corvette can be disturbing. This warning sign may be an indicator of a minor issue as well as a warning of a minor repair to come. In any case, it is necessary to examine the source and take the necessary actions to solve the issue, it is with this in mind that we desired to compose this article content to support you see more clearly. We will first take a look at the conceivable causes and solutions for dealing with noise from your wipers on your Chevrolet Corvette. Then, in a second step, we will give you some advice to prevent this type of noise from happening again.
Wiper blades that makes a squeaking or rubbing noise on Chevrolet Corvette
A wiper noise on your Chevrolet Corvette, whether it is a squeak noise or rather a rubbing noise on your windshield, is not enjoyable and can distract your focus while you are driving. It is essential to fix such a sound. Also, a wiper blade noise is in most cases the sign of a future malfunction of the wipers, which once worn out will no longer evacuate water well and therefore put you at risk.
Reasons and solutions for wiper noise on your Chevrolet Corvette
- Verify the wear of your wiper blades. This is the most general cause of noisy wiper blades. Either because of wear and tear and an almost non-existent rubber or because of the sun that will dry and crack your brushes. Consider swapping them in both situations.
- Dirty windshield, check the level of your windshield washer fluid. One of the causes of rubbing noise can be the cleanliness of your windshield. If it is too dirty, you may notice a wiper noise on your Chevrolet Corvette, it is up to you to clean it with your windshield washer fluid if sufficient, otherwise use sodium bicarbonate to clean it, it is very practical.
- Verify that your wiper blades are well positioned. Indeed, if you feel a kind of jerking of the blades when there is enough rain on your windshield for your wipers to work normally, it is likely that either your arm is a little twisted or the blade attachment is worn. You can check these two points.
- Verify the tightness of the wiper arm device and that the friction between the windshield and the wipers is not too high. Indeed, when the tightening is too strong, the pressure exerted on the windshield is too strong and a wiper clicking sound on your Chevrolet Corvette comes out.
Some basic tips to limit wiper blades noise on your Chevrolet Corvette
Finally, we will give you some advice and warnings to help you increase the life of your wipers and prevent unwanted noise they may cause during their lifetime.
- Never use dishwashing liquid as windshield washer fluid. Indeed, the purpose of the dishwashing liquid is not to wash windows, moreover if you wanted to use it for this function, you would have to rinse abundantly because it makes a strong foam not compatible with the simple wiping of the windshield wiper blades. You will therefore experience an increase in the noise of these.
- Do not wax your windshield, the film that the wax will generate may prevent you from seeing the road properly. Indeed, this oily film will create a veil and prevent you from draining water through your windshield wipers in a normal way.
- Do not use your wipers on a frozen windshield, their rubber parts would definitely be damaged by frost. Wait until you have defrosted this one.
- Since dirt is the main explanation for the noise generated by your windshield wipers, we advise you not to drive in puddles after storms or heavy rain. Indeed, the puddles will inevitably be full of dirt that will end up on your windshield and cause noise or deteriorate to your windshield wipers.