Constantly finding out noises from your automobile is never pleasant, so finding out wiper sounds on your BMW 4 Series can be disturbing. This symptom may be an indication of a insignificant trouble as well as a warning of a insignificant repair to come. In any case, it is important to examine the source and take the necessary measures to solve the trouble, it is with this in mind that we decided to produce this article content to support you see more clearly. We will first look at the possible reasons and solutions for dealing with noise from your wipers on your BMW 4 Series. Then, in a second step, we will give you some recommendations to prevent this type of noise from going on again.
Wiper blades that produces a squeaking or rubbing noise on BMW 4 Series
A wiper noise on your BMW 4 Series, whether it is a squeak noise or rather a rubbing noise on your windshield, is not pleasant and can distract your concentration while you are driving. It is crucial to stop such a sound. Moreover, a wiper blade noise is mostly the indicator of a future malfunction of the wipers, which once worn out will no longer evacuate water well and therefore put you at risk.
Causes and solutions for wiper noise on your BMW 4 Series
- Verify the wear of your wiper blades. This is the most common reason of noisy wiper blades. Either because of wear and tear and an almost non-existent rubber or because of the sun that will dry and crack your brushes. Consider replacing them in both cases.
- Dirty windshield, check the level of your windshield washer fluid. One of the triggers of rubbing noise can be the cleanliness of your windshield. If it is too dirty, you may hear a wiper noise on your BMW 4 Series, it is up to you to clean it with your windshield washer fluid if suitable, otherwise use sodium bicarbonate to clean it, it is very practical.
- Verify that your wiper blades are well placed. Indeed, if you feel a kind of jerking of the blades when there is enough rain on your windshield for your wipers to work normally, it is likely that either your arm is a little twisted or the blade attachment is worn. You can check these two points.
- Verify the tightness of the wiper arm system and that the friction between the windshield and the wipers is not too high. Indeed, when the tightening is too strong, the pressure exerted on the windshield is too strong and a wiper clicking sound on your BMW 4 Series happens.
Some universal tips to limit wiper blades noise on your BMW 4 Series
Finally, we will give you some suggestions and warnings to help you increase the life of your wipers and prevent unwanted noise they may reason during their lifetime.
- Never use dishwashing liquid as windshield washer fluid. Indeed, the purpose of the dishwashing liquid is not to wash windows, in addition if you wanted to use it for this objective, you would have to rinse abundantly because it triggers a strong foam not compatible with the simple wiping of the windshield wiper blades. You will therefore experience an increase in the noise of these.
- Do not wax your windshield, the film that the wax will make may prevent you from seeing the road properly. Indeed, this oily film will build a veil and prevent you from draining water through your windshield wipers in a normal way.
- Do not use your wipers on a frozen windshield, their rubber parts would definitely be damaged by frost. Wait until you have defrosted this one.
- Since dirt is the main cause for the noise created by your windshield wipers, we recommend you not to drive in puddles after storms or heavy rain. Indeed, the puddles will inevitably be full of dirt that will end up on your windshield and cause noise or damage to your windshield wipers.