Constantly hearing noises from your automobile is never pleasant, so hearing wiper sounds on your BMW 3 Series can be worrying. This indication may be a symptom of a small issue as well as a warning of a small service to come. No matter the reason, it is necessary to examine the origin and take the necessary measures to solve the issue, it is with this in mind that we decided to produce this article to help you see more clearly. We will first check out the conceivable causes and solutions for dealing with noise from your wipers on your BMW 3 Series. Then, in a second step, we will give you some recommendations to prevent this type of noise from going on again.
Wiper blades that generates a squeaking or rubbing noise on BMW 3 Series
A wiper noise on your BMW 3 Series, whether it is a squeak noise or rather a rubbing noise on your windshield, is not pleasant and can distract your focus while you are driving. It is necessary to fix such a noise. Also, a wiper blade noise is usually the signal of a future malfunction of the wipers, which once worn out will no longer evacuate water well and therefore put you at risk.
Reasons and solutions for wiper noise on your BMW 3 Series
- Verify the wear of your wiper blades. This is the most general cause of noisy wiper blades. Either because of wear and tear and an almost non-existent rubber or because of the sun that will dry and crack your brushes. Consider replacing them in both situations.
- Dirty windshield, verify the level of your windshield washer fluid. One of the triggers of rubbing noise can be the cleanliness of your windshield. If it is too dirty, you may perceive a wiper noise on your BMW 3 Series, it is up to you to clean it with your windshield washer fluid if appropriate, otherwise use sodium bicarbonate to clean it, it is very effective.
- Verify that your wiper blades are well placed. In fact, if you feel a kind of jerking of the blades when there is enough rain on your windshield for your wipers to work normally, it is likely that either your arm is a little twisted or the blade attachment is worn. You can verify these two points.
- Verify the tightness of the wiper arm mechanism and that the friction between the windshield and the wipers is not too high. In fact, when the tightening is too strong, the pressure exerted on the windshield is too strong and a wiper clicking sound on your BMW 3 Series appears.
Some universal recommendations to limit wiper blades noise on your BMW 3 Series
Finally, we will give you some suggestions and warnings to help you increase the life of your wipers and avoid unwanted noise they may provoke during their lifetime.
- Never use dishwashing liquid as windshield washer fluid. In fact, the purpose of the dishwashing liquid is not to wash windows, additionally if you wanted to use it for this reason, you would have to rinse abundantly because it causes a strong foam not compatible with the simple wiping of the windshield wiper blades. You will therefore encounter an increase in the noise of these.
- Do not wax your windshield, the film that the wax will create may prevent you from seeing the road properly. In fact, this oily film will make a veil and prevent you from draining water through your windshield wipers in a normal way.
- Do not use your wipers on a frozen windshield, their rubber parts would definitely be damaged by frost. Wait until you have defrosted this one.
- Since dirt is the main explanation for the noise generated by your windshield wipers, we recommend you not to drive in puddles after storms or heavy rain. In fact, the puddles will inevitably be full of dirt that will end up on your windshield and trigger noise or deteriorate to your windshield wipers.