If you too have previously experienced a squeaky noise on Mercedes Benz CLA Class, you must have had the same questions as all Mercedes Benz CLA Class owners. We are never reassured when a squeaky noise shows up on our car. As we are aware of your concerns and questions, we decided to compose this article in order to assist you in your research and facilitate the search for a solution to your problem. To do this, first we will see what the origins of a squeaking noise on Mercedes Benz CLA Class are when you turn the wheel, then those of a squeaking noise when you brake, if you have a squeaking noise on Mercedes Benz CLA Class that comes from the shock absorbers and to finish from one of your doors.
I hear a squeaking noise on Mercedes Benz CLA Class when I turn the wheel
First, we will look at the squeaking noises on Mercedes Benz CLA Class that appear when you turn the wheel of your vehicle. Here are the main origins:
- If you are subject to squeaking noises with your Mercedes Benz CLA Class while turning , it may be related to your vehicle’s hydraulic system that operates the complete power steering system . In this case, the main point to check is the level of power steering liquid, which if below the regular level could be a sign of the system leak. In this case, make sure to redo the level and check it regularly. In case the problem persists, go to the mechanic.
- A squeaking noises while turning the steering wheel of your Mercedes Benz CLA Class can also result from premature wear and tear with your bearings . Indeed, bearings play an essential role inside the good behaviour of the car when driving. When you turn at low speed and bring the steering to a stop, the pressure on the bearings is higher than at top speed, it can cause squeaking noises if they are worn. Remember to examine their condition.
- Finally, a noise during the steering of your Mercedes Benz CLA Class may be related to a tired power steering pump . The purpose of this product is to operate the steering belt, which will allow you to take advantage of the power steering. If the pump is tired, its operation will be damaged and squeaks may show up between it and the belt . Remember to check that it is working properly. If this kind of squeaky noise doesn’t originated from those points, don’t hesitate to reading our article about all the origins of a squeaky noise on Mercedes Benz CLA Class while turning.
I hear a squeaking noise on Mercedes Benz CLA Class when braking
If you notice a squeaking noise from the brakes of your Mercedes Benz CLA Class, it is seriously plausible that it is linked to brake pads at the end of their life, indeed, the role of the pads is to act as a buffer during braking and they will therefore be damaged over time. Each manufacturer gives an average life time in kilometres for pads but according to your driving style and route this can differ. Take off the wheels concerned and examine the wear indicator on them. If they are dead you will have to replace them promptly because they will quickly affect your discs. If, despite verification, your squeaking noise on Mercedes Benz CLA Class does come from your brakes but is not related to the pads, check this article to find the other possible origins of noise from breaks of Mercedes Benz CLA Class.
I hear a squeaking noise on Mercedes Benz CLA Class at the shock absorbers
If you are in the position where you discern the squeaking noise on Mercedes Benz CLA Class
- You are subject to an oil leak at a shock absorber, it is up to you to examine that there is no oil leaking from your shock absorbers.
- You may suffer from unnatural wear and tear on one of the seals. This would end result in an oil leak
with each compression.
Once you have checked out all these elements, you should have found the origin of your problem, go to your mechanic to fix the defective part. If you have not located the origin of your problem, we advise that you take a look at this article which covers all possible origins of all possible origins of shock absorber noise on Mercedes Benz CLA Class.
I hear a squeaking noise on Mercedes Benz CLA Class at a door
It is possible, according to the style of noise you come across, that the hinge of your door may be at the starting point of these. If this is the case, you will have to control it by opening your door and listening although the squeaking noise on your Mercedes Benz CLA Class comes from a hinge that is too dry. To eliminate the problem, first try to grease the hinge. Generally this procedure is sufficient to resolve your problem. If that’s not enough, don’t hesitate to take a look at this complete article on door noises on Mercedes Benz CLA Class.