If you too have already experienced a squeaky noise on Ford Focus, you must have had the same questions as all Ford Focus owners. We are rarely reassured when a squeaky noise happens on our car. As we are aware of your doubts and questions, we decided to write this article in order to assist you in your research and facilitate the search for a solution to your problem. To do this, first we will see what the sources of a squeaking noise on Ford Focus are when you turn the wheel, then those of a squeaking noise when you brake, if you have a squeaking noise on Ford Focus that comes from the shock absorbers and to finish from one of your doors.
I hear a squeaking noise on Ford Focus when I turn the wheel
First, we will examine the squeaking noises on Ford Focus that occur when you turn the wheel of your vehicle. Here are the main origins:
- If you are facing squeaking noises on your Ford Focus while turning , it may be related to your vehicle’s hydraulic system that runs the entire power steering system . In this case, the main point to check is the level of power steering liquid, which if below the regular level could be a sign of the system leak. In this case, make sure to redo the level and check it on a regular basis. In case the problem persists, go to your mechanic.
- A squeaking noises while turning the steering wheel of your Ford Focus can also result from premature wear and tear on your bearings . Indeed, bearings play an essential role inside the good behaviour of the vehicle when driving. When you turn at low speed and bring the steering to a stop, the pressure on the bearings is higher than at high-speed, it can cause squeaking noises if they are worn. Remember to verify their condition.
- Finally, a noise during the steering of your Ford Focus may be related to a tired power steering pump . The purpose of this device is to operate the steering belt, which will allow you to take advantage of the power steering. If the pump is tired, its operation will be reduced and squeaks may appear between it and the belt . Remember to check that it can be working properly. If this squeaky noise doesn’t originated from those points, don’t hesitate to go through our article about all the origins of a squeaky noise on Ford Focus while turning.
I hear a squeaking noise on Ford Focus when braking
If you notice a squeaking noise from the brakes of your Ford Focus, it is extremely plausible that it is linked to brake pads at the end of their life, certainly, the role of the pads is to act as a buffer during braking and they will therefore be damaged over time. Every manufacturer gives an average life time in kilometres for pads but depending on your driving style and route this can vary. Take off the wheels concerned and verify the wear indicator on them. If they are dead you will have to replace them as soon as possible because they will quickly damage your discs. If, despite verification, your squeaking noise on Ford Focus does come from your brakes but is not related to the pads, read this article to find the other possible sources of noise from breaks of Ford Focus.
I hear a squeaking noise on Ford Focus at the shock absorbers
If you are in the situation where you identify the squeaking noise on Ford Focusas coming from the damping part of your car, whether you are driving over a retarder, on a dented road, or simply when you change direction and the vehicle's mass is swung from one side to the other. In this case, there are several causes that can justify this noise. Indeed, you will have to verify some things, here they are:
- You are subject to an oil leak at a shock absorber, it is up to you to verify that there is no oil leaking from your shock absorbers.
- You may suffer from abnormal wear and tear on one of the seals. This would direct result in an oil leak
with each compression.
Once you have tested all these elements, you should have found the source of your issue, go to your motor mechanic to fix the defective part. If you have not located the source of your issue, we recommend that you take a look at this article which covers all possible origins of all possible origins of shock absorber noise on Ford Focus.
I hear a squeaking noise on Ford Focus at a door
It is also possible, depending on the style of noise you notice, that the hinge of your door may be at the starting point of these. If this is the case, you will have to control it by opening your door and listening although the squeaking noise on your Ford Focus comes from a hinge that is too dry. To correct the problem, first try to grease the hinge. Generally this process is enough to eliminate your issue. If that’s not enough, don’t hesitate to take a look at this complete article on door noises on Ford Focus.