If you too have previously experienced a squeaky noise on Ford C-max, you must have had the same questions as all Ford C-max owners. We are never reassured when a squeaky noise appears on our car. As we are aware of your doubts and questions, we have decided to produce this article in order to support you in your research and facilitate the search for a solution to your problem. To do this, first we will see what the sources of a squeaking noise on Ford C-max are when you turn the wheel, then those of a squeaking noise when you brake, if you have a squeaking noise on Ford C-max that comes from the shock absorbers and to finish from one of your doors.
I hear a squeaking noise on Ford C-max when I turn the wheel
First, we will look at the squeaking noises on Ford C-max that take place when you turn the wheel of your vehicle. Here are the main origins:
- If you are facing squeaking noises in your Ford C-max while turning , it may be related to your vehicle’s hydraulic system that works the whole power steering system . In this case, the main point to check is the level of power steering fluid, which if below the ordinary level could be a sign of an system leak. In this case, be sure you redo the exact level and check it frequently. In the event the problem persists, go to your mechanic.
- A squeaking noises while turning the steering wheel of your Ford C-max can also result from premature wear and tear in your bearings . Indeed, bearings play an essential role inside the good behaviour of the auto when driving. When you turn at low speed and bring the steering to a stop, the pressure on the bearings is higher than at high-speed, it can cause squeaking noises if they are worn. Remember to examine their condition.
- Finally, a sound during the steering of your Ford C-max may be related to a tired power steering pump . The purpose of this device is to operate the steering belt, which will allow you to take advantage of the power steering. If the pump is tired, its operation will be damaged and squeaks may show up between it and the belt . Remember to check that it really is working properly. If this kind of squeaky noise doesn’t originate from those points, don’t hesitate to go through our article about all the origins of a squeaky noise on Ford C-max while turning.
I hear a squeaking noise on Ford C-max when braking
If you discover a squeaking noise from the brakes of your Ford C-max, it is highly possible that it is linked to brake pads at the end of their life, in fact, the purpose of the pads is to act as a buffer during braking and they will therefore be damaged over time. Every manufacturer gives an average life time in kilometres for pads but depending on your driving style and route this can differ. Remove the wheels concerned and examine the wear indicator on them. If they are dead you will have to replace them rather quickly because they will quickly affect your discs. If, despite verification, your squeaking noise on Ford C-max does come from your brakes but is not related to the pads, read this article to discover the other possible sources of noise from breaks of Ford C-max.
I hear a squeaking noise on Ford C-max at the shock absorbers
If you are in the position where you identify the squeaking noise on Ford C-max
- You are subject to an oil leak at a shock absorber, it is up to you to examine that there is no oil leaking from your shock absorbers.
- You may undergo unnatural wear and tear on one of the seals. This would end result in an oil leak
with each compression.
Once you have looked at all these elements, you should have found the source of your issue, go to your auto technician to fix the defective part. If you have not identified the source of your issue, we suggest that you take a look at this article which covers all possible origins of all possible origins of shock absorber noise on Ford C-max.
I hear a squeaking noise on Ford C-max at a door
It is also possible, based on the style of sound you notice, that the hinge of your door may be at the beginning of these. If this is the case, you will have to check it by opening your door and listening although the squeaking noise on your Ford C-max comes from a hinge that is too dry. To correct the problem, first try to grease the hinge. In many instances this action is enough to resolve your issue. If that’s not enough, don’t hesitate to take a look at this complete article on door noises on Ford C-max.